don’t become a pilot

Drunk Crafting and the world is your oyster

You should always Craft.  You should and shouldn’t do it drunk depending on how sharp your crafting tools are to the tequila shot ratio! Mas Importante!

Have you seen drunk cooking on youtube?  Well she rocks and I can relate!

Please relate yourself by selecting the link. Jar-garita anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT46FV64dr8&list=TLqZZmMMgDhipajffeAcJNEwwuEoRr6dYe

Back to myself!  I was kindly crafting my pottery barn tile I purchased for $1.87, when out of the blue I was stricken with unfortunate news.  It went something like this:

” Hello this is scheduling and we are going to mess with your life. You thought you were going home Friday but due to some unknown circumstance you will be going home Saturday.”

Oh forget me, I have no life.  Don’t worry about me, I have been on reserve for 8 years and expect this crap by now.

For example:

Scheduling :  “I’m sorry Captain you can’t have Friday off for your own wedding”

ME :               “But, I have been planning this for almost a year!
Scheduling :     “Are you refusing to fly?”

ME:                 “Are you kidding me? Oh My God you’re not!”

That’s been my life for 8 years. It’s been awesome! Go become a pilot kids!

So back to the real story.

THE WORLD IS YOUR OYSTER: I don’t know what it means, but I love the idea.

Something so gross can either mean your life has the chance of becoming a pearl or becoming dashed with cocktail sauce and horseradish slippery and raw consumed in one swallow.

Whatever it means I want it hanging in my house.  The United States use to represent hard work and you could achieve anything.  Now, its like this quote.  It’s and 80 percent chance my hard work will equate to being eaten with horseradish in a slurp the 20 percent chance is it may bring me a pearl.

I’m still hanging onto the 20 percent chance that it becomes a pearl and I will never give that up.  I will work harder to fix that. I will educate and strengthen my resume to get out of my position. I will sacrifice!

Oh so I was crafting:

20131009_140611

My $1.87 score from pottery barn.. This was $70.

I bought a paint pen and straight acrylic paint for the fabric.   I enlarged the words and traced them onto my canvas, then filling it in with paint.

Filing in the outline

Filing in the outline

Somewhere around here I got the call from scheduling, and I decide to commit to drunk crafting.  Things were going great

20131009_152512

Great?

Maybe a little too great.

yeah looking good

yeah looking good

NOT SO GOOD

Fail

Fail

Okay things got a little squirrelly at the end… Oh well:

                                                               The World is My Oyster!

Advertisements
Categories: adventure, craft, crashpad, don't becom an airline pilot, don't become a pilot, homemade presents, survival, Uncategorized | Leave a comment

I’ve been seriously MIA

So, I’m bored and apparently that’s why I started this blog. So in theory I should have lots more post.  I’ll do a quick picture catch up to show you where I’ve been and what I’ve been doing.

My 87 year old, fire cracker Grandmother came to Baltimore with my Brother. We drove up to Longwood Gardens in Pennsylvania.

Deleware- Longwood is Amazing!

Longwood is Amazing!

I went to something called Memphis in May.  I found the second largest BBQ cook off going on.  Due to lack of food handling permits by the contestants you can only eat the food if you are a guest of the contestant.  I was lucky to make friends with some people from Charlotte who invited me in for free BBQ and beer!

Pig Sculptures

Pig Sculptures

A person being Judged.  This is very serious

A person being Judged. This is very serious

SnoutKast- Team names are important

SnoutKast- Team names are important

Work has been continuing on our house. It’s been so much work, it’s crazy. We finally moved in but it hasn’t been easy.

kitchen in progress

kitchen in progress

We didn't have countertops or any sinks when we moved in. So washing dishes outside

We didn’t have countertops or any sinks when we moved

in. So washing dishes outside

It realy sucked not having countertops when we moved in. My husband did an amazing job on the hallway bathroom. Of course we don’t have pics 😦

We matched the original hardwood floors, sanded, and then restained them to match. This really sucked.

We matched the floor to the original,

We matched the floor to the original,

I entered in some crazy diet contest. I took 13 place overall out of around 3500 entries.  My life became focused on Protein and exercise.

Killing the competition

Killing the competition and moving the same day

This is me cooking eggs on the road, and yes I hauled a frying pan and mini burner with me as I traveled. There was some serious dedication that went on.

Eggs

Eggs

And of course I’ve been doing a little bit of flying. The best part of my job is flying to all these amazing small cities out West.  Even if that means waking up at 2 am to do it.  After living on the East Coast for more than 16 years.,you loose perspective about how big the world is. I love the fact I can run 20 minutes outside of downtown Boise and be so isolated from everyone.  You can breath and take it all in.  Out west is God’s country!

Somewhere in Wyoming

Somewhere in Wyoming

I’m really falling in love with Montana and Idaho.  I feel so at home when I’m there!

Mountain biking in Montana.

Mountain biking in Montana.

My grandfather was born and raised in Idaho, I’ve always had a special place in my heart for Boise. Man do I love running the mountain trails here!

Running in Idaho

Running in Idaho

Another ridiculous beautiful day in Montana!  I saw two Rainbow trout get caught bare handed by some kids.  Did I mention my Mountain Bike rental was free that day too!

Bog Sky Montana

Big Sky Montana

Last week was the Delta Fair (like Mississippi Delta).  Which was conveniently down the street from my crashpad!

Goats

Goats

Now, I have wanted a pet goat FOREVER.  I almost want one more than I want a dog or a baby.  But sometimes you have to make sacrifices for your job and apparently mine was to give up having a pet.  Had I known that I couldn’t ever have a dog or a pet goat with this job, I would have never in a million years become a pilot.  These are things, kids should be told before they decide they want to become a pilot.  Do you notice how much these goats love me in the picture!

Wheel of Death

Wheel of Death

I also learned at the Delta Fair that you shouldn’t volunteer for the Wheel of Death, unless you have good health insurance.  I saw another kid that was 8 years old throw knifes at his 6 year old sister during an act.  I’m not sure where child protective services was but then I realized I was on the Tennessee/Mississippi border and that this is probably normal.

Is this legal?

Is this legal?

I really wanted to ride the Ferris wheel.  I was really looking forward to that alone time at the top where I could take the views and breath some fresh air.  Seeming how it was noon on a Tuesday (school day) and no one was there it was looking good. As I sat down in the Ferris wheel some dude that worked their sat down with me. What the HECK!?!?

Uh so trying to be nice and make things less akward I said hello, and asked him what the best ride at the fair was?  He didn’t answer back, I think he didn’t speak English. I wonder if maybe the fair has a policy that single riders that look pathetically alone at a fair are required to have a chaperone. You know just in case that lonely person decides to jump or something.  So here is picture at the top.

Ferris Wheel gone wrong

Ferris Wheel gone wrong

I actually took lots of pictures up here.  Because it was really weird sitting on an totally empty Ferriswheel with some strange guy that works there, that doesn’t speak English, that was suppose to be my chaperon because I looked totally pathetic at a fair by myself.  Yeah it was that awkward and that pathetic.  Oh well, did I mention being a pilot is a great job.  A lot of alone time.

In closing I’m going to promise to be less bored and put the crafting blogging thingy to use!

Can I hear an AMEN!

Categories: adventure, animal, bbq, being a pilot sucks, city, crashpad, don't becom an airline pilot, don't become a pilot, fair, ferris wheel, fitness, flying, idaho, memphis, montana, pet goat, remodeling, Uncategorized | Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Blog at WordPress.com.